Meet the Staff Monday featuring Sean Dailey, EIT, Traffic Operations Specialist. A St. Louis native, Sean joined the CBB team in May 2014 after graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, with an emphasis in transportation from Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. In his role at CBB, Sean works primarily on operations efforts. He is an active member of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), as well as the Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE). Keep reading to learn more about Sean and his interests outside of CBB!
1. My favorite thing to do in St. Louis: Explore! Whether it’s trying a new restaurant, attending a new event I’ve never heard of, or driving around an area I’ve never really explored, I really enjoy getting to know my city.
2. If I could travel anywhere in the world it would be…and why?: My favorite place to travel is to the Canoe country (Quetico) in Canada, just north of Minnesota. It’s very possibly the most beautiful and peaceful place I’ve ever been. But if I wanted to go somewhere new, I would definitely head over to Ireland for a pint and some sightseeing.
3. If I could have dinner with one person from history it would be…and why?: As a movie lover with an affinity for older movies I think it would be great to have dinner with Jimmy Stewart. He starred in some of my favorites (It’s a Wonderful Life, Rope, Rear Window, etc.) so I think it would be really cool to talk about his life and what it was like to make movies at that time.
4. Summer or winter…why?: While summers in St. Louis are great for Cardinals baseball and Ted Drewes Frozen custard, the heat and humidity are killer and unavoidable. But in the winter, you can always get warm with an extra layer. Also, winter has football and hockey.
5. My favorite thing about working at CBB is: The people. I know other people have said that in these things, but there’s a reason for it. It’s really great to work in a place where everyone is open and friendly and I get the added bonus of learning from some of the best professionals in our field.
We’ll see you next time with another of our wonderful team members!
12400 Olive Boulevard, Suite 430
St. Louis, MO 63141