Today we want to introduce you to Matt Parker, CADD Specialist at CBB. Matt has a degree in Computer Aided Drafting and Design from Southwestern Illinois College, and plays an important role in CBB as a member of our highly skilled technical staff. We sat down with Matt and got some information about what he likes to do outside of his role with CBB.
1. My favorite thing to do in St. Louis: There are several locations in St. Louis I enjoy taking my family. One of our favorite destinations would be the zoo. We really enjoy looking at all of the animals and being outside. We also frequent The Soulard Farmers Market. My daughters get a thrill out of picking out their own little treats, then having an outdoor lunch at one of the local restaurants.
2. Aside from my roll at CBB, my other job is: I spend most of my free time with my wife and two daughters. We spend a lot of time outdoors, camping, fishing and going on float trips. We particularly enjoy the rivers in Southern Missouri. In the cooler months, we spend a lot of time playing in the kitchen. I do have a culinary background prior to working at CBB, so baking up some pies or pumpkin bread happens quite often.
3. If I could have dinner with anyone from history it would be: I’m going to cheat here a little bit. But it would have to be Thomas Edison and Henry Ford. They were neighbors and best friends. They were always bouncing new, innovative ideas off of one another. To be a part of one of their conversations would be an incredible experience.
4. The best concert I have been to: I have been to a lot of concerts at Riverport, Verizon wireless and Hollywood Casino Amphitheatres (come on, you get it). They all were unique experiences that I thoroughly enjoyed. But what I’m most excited about, is taking my daughters to their first concert this summer. My wife and I chose Train and The Fray. My girls already know their music, and it should be a “safe” concert for them to enjoy.
5. Winter or Summer? Definitely Summer! If I’m going to be outside, I prefer to not have to dress like Nanook! I love being outside. So the warmer the weather, the better
6. The sport I most enjoy, and my favorite team: Of course, I love the Cardinals!! But, I am also a Blues fan! Let’s Go Blues!!! This is our year!!
12400 Olive Boulevard, Suite 430
St. Louis, MO 63141