This Monday we want to introduce you to Jonathan Deves, PE, PTOE, Transportation Engineer at CBB. Jon is in his 7th year in the Civil Engineering field and primarily focuses on CBB’s efforts related to signal operations. Jon has experience in the optimization of signal timings, field implementations of proposed timing, and traffic signal turn-on’s. Jon earned his Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from the University of Missouri in 2008, and has been a valued CBB employee ever since! Now is your chance to get t to know more about Jon outside of his role at CBB!
1. If I could travel anywhere in the world it would be (and why): Bora Bora. Have you seen those bungalows in the water?!?! You’re basically sleeping on the ocean. And there are glass floors so you can see right down into the water. You can literally jump out your window and go swimming.
2. The best concert I have ever been to: Afroman came to Columbia when I was still in school. Now I only know two songs by Afroman, but it was a Tuesday night and I had nothing else going on, so I said why not. And wouldn’t you know it, he LED OFF THE CONCERT WITH THOSE TWO SONGS! After the second one, I paid my bill and headed out. I was in bed by 11. It was beautiful.
3. The sport I most enjoy watching, and my favorite team: Missouri Tigers football. After moving to the SEC (football heaven) three years ago, it’s fun being at the center of the football universe. Plus we pretty much rule.
4. Summer or Winter, and why: Winter. Everyone always says “Oh summer is the best cause you get to be outside and enjoy so many more activities.” Well everything I love is inside. The television. Controlled climate. My bed. And in the winter you can stay inside without looking like a square.
5. My favorite thing about working at CBB: When someone brings in donuts for the office and one person cuts a donut in half and leaves the other half in the box for someone else except no one ever wants that other half of donut…oh you said FAVORITE thing, sorry. Our relationship with our clients. Every day, we’re directly responsible for numerous projects that our clients trust us with. It’s rewarding to build a relationship with them and earn the kind of trust that leads to continued success.
12400 Olive Boulevard, Suite 430
St. Louis, MO 63141